Google Domains and .AI were in the news last month.
These are the top stories on Domain Name Wire last month, ranked by views:
1. Squarespace completes Google Domains acquisition – Google Domains is no more. Squarespace is now a top 5 domain name registrar.
2. Domain company raises $5 million to bridge web3 and DNS – Some familiar faces in the domain name business have a plan to bring web2 and web3 naming together.
3. Volkswagen slams brakes on top level domain – The carmaker is the latest dot-brand owner to cancel a top level domain name.
4. I changed my domain prices after talking with Squadhelp’s founder – I put into action what Darpan told me during this podcast interview.
5. .AI registry fining domain registrars over abuse complaints – This is a bizarre business practice! Registrars are not pleased.
Miss a podcast? Catch up now:
Catching up with ICA – Learn about the upcoming annual meeting and what’s going on in policy.
How to sell more domains – Some actionable advice from a large marketplace CEO.
X.com, domain names and toys – A fun interview with a domainer-turned-toymaker.
Top domain sales of 2023 – Ron and I break down the year so far.
Post link: September’s top 5 domain name stories
© DomainNameWire.com 2023. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.